Supplemental Notice of Privacy Rights for Residents of EEA
WHAT IS A PRIVACY NOTICE AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT
We know your personal information is important to you and it is also important to QuidelOrtho Corporation together with its subsidiary companies (referred to as “QuidelOrtho”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
This Supplemental Notice of Privacy Rights for Residents of the EEA (“EEA Notice”) applies to individuals based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and your use of www.quidelortho.com and ir.quidelortho.com (collectively the “QuidelOrtho Services”) and explains how we use your personal information and your rights around our use of such personal information. Please read this EEA Notice to understand how and why we use your personal information when you use QuidelOrtho Services. If you do not agree with the personal data practices described in this EEA Notice, please do not use QuidelOrtho Services.
The terms “you” and “your” refers to you, the user of QuidelOrtho Services.
1. Who Controls your information?
For the purposes of applicable EEA data protection legislation, QuidelOrtho Corporation is the data controller of your personal information. You will find our contact details in the “Contact us” section below.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND PROCESS
We may collect and process the following categories of data:
Information You Give Us
We receive and store information you enter on the QuidelOrtho Services or you give us in any other way when you fill out an online technical support form or request information form, or if you request investor email alerts and seek further information about QuidelOrtho. This includes but may not be limited to your:
- Email address
- Investor Type
- Postal Address (street address, city, state, zipcode, country)
- Investor’s options for which materials are to be sent to the investor: e.g. News, SEC filings, etc.
- Details about your request(s)
Passive Collection of Information & use of ‘Cookies’
Cookies are small data files that are automatically sent from a web server to your browser and stored on your computer.
Even if you do not explicitly provide us with information, QuidelOrtho may gather information about visitors to QuidelOrtho Services when it aggregates information gathered by tracking the usage of certain features available on the QuidelOrtho Services. The collection of this information enables QuidelOrtho to tailor the QuidelOrtho Services’ content to your needs and helps us to keep you informed of information that you may find of interest.
The information in the activity log may be anonymous and therefore may not identify you individually, however such information, in conjunction with other information that we hold, may also be capable of identifying you and so may constitute personal data within the meaning of personal data legislation. The information our server collects may include among other data:
- Registered domain or home server;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser type and;
- Your referring URL
We may collect this information passively using technologies such as standard server logs and cookies. We use passively-collected information to administer, operate, and improve the QuidelOrtho Services and to tailor the QuidelOrtho Services’ content to your needs and helps us to keep you informed of information that you may find of interest.
If, by virtue of applicable laws in your country, any of the information gathered through these passive means constitutes or includes personal data, or if, through linking or associating any information gathered through passive means with any other personal information, we treat the combined information as personal data, the terms of this EEA Notice will apply. Otherwise, we use and disclose information collected by passive means in aggregate form or otherwise in a non-personally identifiable form.
We may also process other information, which is not personal data within the meaning of data protection law.
3. WHY WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Without collecting and using the information you provide to us or we obtain about you, it would not be possible for us to provide you with adequate responses about our products and/or services.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information You Give to Us
We will use this information:
- to respond to your enquiry;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and products that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about new products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- in order to carry out and administer the operation of QuidelOrtho’s business;
- to provide investors with emails alerts and other requested information;
- communicate with you about our products that might be of interest to you, based on the information you have shared with us;
- to contact you from time to time for market research purposes; and
- to notify you about important functionality changes to the QuidelOrtho Services;
Information We Collect About You
We will use this information:
- to help us determine how people use the QuidelOrtho Services and to improve the performance and usefulness of QuidelOrtho Services;
- to improve our products and services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. WHAT ARE THE LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We must have lawful bases to collect and use your personal information, the below sets these out:
Needed for Your Contract: Personal information about you is held and used to:
- allow us to undertake the terms and conditions as outlined in your contract with us;
- provide you with a quote;
- provide you with information about our products/services;
Required by Law: We use your personal information to comply with law and regulations. For example:
- keeping proper books and records;
- audit purposes;
- to comply with any other legal obligations to which we are subject;
Our Legitimate Interest: We use your personal information for our legitimate interests as shown below. We have taken account of any privacy risks and ensured that your data protection rights are not affected. We believe these uses benefit visitors of QuidelOrtho Services and our customers.
- statistical analysis: we combine and group personal information for analysis to help us understand our website visitors and customers and develop better products and services;
- prevention of fraud;
- provision of customer care and service;
- for direct marketing purposes.
With your Consent: From time to time, we would like to contact you to:
- provide you with information on products or services which we feel may interest you;
- gauge satisfaction with the products and/ or services you received from us;
- provide investors with email alerts and other updates regarding investor relations
5. Direct Marketing
- If you are a current customer of QuidelOrtho, we may wish to provide you with information about our products that might be of interest to you, based on the information you have shared with us and through other sources, as outlined above. QuidelOrtho will take care to ensure that we communicate with you solely on information that is specifically relevant to your professional role and we will only contact you using your business email address.
- If at any time you decide not to receive any promotional information related to our product from us, please email us at Privacy&Security@quidelortho.com and mention “OPT-OUT” in the subject of your email. Alternatively, you may also unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of all of our e-mails.
- Please note that if you opt not to receive promotional messages from us, we may still continue to send you relevant information for other lawful purposes, such as to respond to your requests, or to provide you with information that QuidelOrtho is required by law to provide.
6. WHo we share your personal information with
We may disclose your personal information to all companies, subsidiaries and holding companies of QuidelOrtho Corporation (collectively the “QuidelOrtho Group”) for the administration and management of our business, and compliance with applicable laws and internal policies and procedures.
Governmental, regulatory, etc.
We may disclose your personal information to a governmental or regulatory body (including tax authorities, law enforcement agencies and financial regulators) in order to comply with a legal obligation or to any person pursuant to a valid order of a court or tribunal.
Professional Advisors and Experts
We may also disclose your information to our attorneys, solicitors, auditors, insurance advisors and financial services advisors.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (for example, professional advisors, IT and communications providers, marketing services providers).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our products or services.
Other Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the shares in one or more of the QuidelOrtho Group, or substantially all of the assets of one or more of the QuidelOrtho Group are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and/or agreement; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of QuidelOrtho, its customers, or others.
7. DATA RETENTION PERIODS
It is our aim to only hold your data for as long as this is necessary.
How long QuidelOrtho will hold your personal data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- The purpose for which QuidelOrtho is using it – QuidelOrtho will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- Legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which QuidelOrtho has to keep your personal information.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is also not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of the QuidelOrtho Services, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal information, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access.
9. TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We store your information in different locations. Electronic files are stored on our secure servers in the United States of America or in the cloud.
We use cloud solutions for web hosting or proprietary software solutions delivered through the cloud. Our use of servers and cloud solutions may involve transferring your information outside of the EEA.
We may in some circumstances need to transfer your personal information to our other offices or agents and contractors located outside the EEA.
Where we transfer your personal information outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your personal information will be protected by QuidelOrtho in the EEA. Under applicable data protection legislation, this can be done in a number of ways, for instance:
- The country that QuidelOrtho sends the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for personal information;
- The recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your personal data; or
In other circumstances, the law may permit QuidelOrtho to otherwise transfer your personal information outside the EEA. In all cases, QuidelOrtho will ensure that any transfer of your personal information is done in accordance with applicable data protection law.
You can obtain more details about the protection given to your personal information if it is transferred outside the EEA by contacting us as described below.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
As an individual based in the EEA, under applicable law you have the right to:
- request that we provide you with response as to whether we process your personal information and details relating to our processing, and that we provide you with a copy of your personal information (‘access right’).
- request that we rectify and/ or update any inaccurate personal information we might have about you without undue delay (‘right to rectification’).
- to object to processing of personal information relating to you (‘right to object’).
- under certain circumstances, request restrictions around our processing of your personal information (‘right to restriction’).
- under certain circumstances, request us to erase your personal information without undue delay (i.e. the “right to erasure” / “right to be forgotten”). and
- under certain circumstances, request that we furnish you with the personal information which you provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format (‘right to data portability’).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority at any time.
Where we process your data solely on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
The exercise of your rights might be subject to certain conditions and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us as provided below.
11. OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of the young is especially important. For that reason, QuidelOrtho does not intend to or knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under 18.
12. Contact Us
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this EEA Notice and the information we hold should be addressed to us at:
Attention: Legal Department – Privacy Team
9975 Summers Ridge Rd
San Diego, CA 92121
13. Changes to this notice
QuidelOrtho reserves the right to amend this EEA Notice at any time. If QuidelOrtho changes its privacy practices that impacts residents of this jurisdiction, a new EEA Notice will reflect those changes and the effective date of the revised notice will be set forth in this paragraph. This EEA Notice was last updated on 5/27/2022 and is effective as of that date.